Thursday, October 4, 2012

It doesn't have to be raining to wear a trench

I can't believe it took me this long to realize this simple idea. It was slightly chilly today as fall starts to settle in and I wasn't ready for a pea coat. Staring into my closet at my various coats and jackets I was stuck. It's too early to fully submerge myself into dark colors as I tend to do when the temperature drops so I was looking for some color, i.e. anything but black or gray. Then it came to me. What about my trench coat? I don't wear it as often as I would like because Colorado gets rain so randomly and I'm usually caught off guard. 

The jacket is actually quite interesting, I found it at Urban Outfitters for an amazing price. It was one of their re-purposed pieces where they took a men's trench coat and redesigned it to fit a woman. It has three-quarter length sleeves and pleats were added to the back. It's really very cute and still over sized so it makes me feel small and cozy.

Moral of the story is this (if you're looking for something like that), wear a trench coat more often or if you don't already own one get thee to a store and purchase one. I can't count how many times I've read in magazines that everyone should own a "classic trench".

I grabbed the jacket and confidently walked out the door to face the world wearing a trench coat on a clear day (very rebellious, I know). I wanted to kick myself for all the times I didn't think to wear it on days like this, but went shopping instead with my jacket swinging in the fall breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment