Friday, December 7, 2012

Things I want/ will most likely need in the immediate future

Printed pants baby!
photo courtesy of Polyvore.com

They are popping up everywhere and I can't believe I don't own a pair! Well I did, but made the mistake of buying cheap ones in a junior's size and ended up giving them away. They come in so many varieties and prints that it's hard to choose. I'm especially fond of the large floral prints and in darker colors. I'm not really looking to highlight my thunder thighs. One thing you have to keep in mind when shopping for printed pants/jeans is to look for a pattern that still has a slimming effect and in colors you're comfortable in. Nothing screams fashion wreck like a bad pair of pants.

I know they are a trend that most likely won't last very long, but here's to hoping I'm wrong! I think printed pants are the cats pajamas (try to wrap your head around that sentence- yeah).

Next item on my list is a black leather skirt. I'm not talking about anything à la Pretty Woman. I'm talking about a well structured skirt that carries a hint of edge because it's made of leather. Think of it as one of those quiet girls who wears glasses and when she takes them off she turns into Karen O. Now that's badass chic.

photo courtesy of harpersbazaar.com
I am in love with Alexa Chung, girl knows how to rock a leather skirt!



Alexa is one of my fashion icons and here she's looking easy chic in a very short leather skirt. Topped with a casual sweater she tones down the hoochie. Love, just love.

One last item on my list is actually nothing special, but I believe it is something every girl needs in her shoe arsenal. A black wedge angle boot preferably in suede. They are cute, comfortable and sooo versatile.

I have been looking high and low for a pair that won't blow out my wallet in one fell swoop, but no luck yet.

photo courtesy of stevemadden.com
(Drool, gimme gimme gimme!)
These are a pair I've had my eye on. They have cool cut-outs along the laces and they look fairly comfortable. Basically, pair these puppies with jeans and a blouse or even a casual skirt with black tights. They instantly add a little bit of fashion to an otherwise simple outfit.

Most people have goals like losing weight or quitting smoking. My goals are usually shopping lists and searching for the perfect item to add to my wardrobe. It's hard work and exhausting, trust me. Weight Watcher's ain't got nothin' on me! I take that last part back, they have Jennifer Hudson on their side so I'll just take a step back.

Anywho, those are items on my ever changing list. Do you have anything you've been searching/ yearning for?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I seriously love you because I want ALL of these things. ESPECIALLY a leather skirt. I've been creeping around the internet for months now looking for a nice one but so far, it's a no go.

    Oh, and I HEARD YOU LIKE PRINTED LEGGINGS. Well how about ART HISTORY PRINTED LEGGINGS.

    http://www.buzzfeed.com/catesish/fabulous-art-history-leggings (via Black Milk Clothing)

    Those Alfred Mucha and Bosch leggings are calling my name.

    Keep this blog up, girl. I'm loving it all!

    ReplyDelete