Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Colors of Spring




I needed some inspiration for spring pretty bad and decided to see what Pantone had in store for the coming season. When I found the chart with their spring color trends I was practically in tears, the colors were so awesome. Immediately I headed to style.com to view the runway photos from some of my favorite designers RTW Spring '13 collections. Again, tears. Everything is so beautiful, effortless, and cool.

I pulled quite a few looks that represent the colors from Pantone from each collection. Please enjoy.



First up is Linen, a great neutral that compliments all of the colors in the chart. I like it because it makes the other colors stand out and it is a lightweight shade that evokes a feeling of warmer weather.
Comme des Garçon

Alexander McQueen


Comme des Garçon
Next is Lemon Zest, which I think is a beautiful color. However, I'm not sure I'm the type who can pull off yellow. It doesn't mean I love it any less and it makes me happy to look at so that's got to count for something.

Alexander McQueen


Dolce & Gabbana 
Louis Vuitton


Again, another color I might have trouble wearing a lot of, but I still think it's perfect for spring. Personally, I might just wear it in my accessories. The color is Nectarine and the color actually evokes the same images as you might see when thinking of the fruit. Usually color names are never close to what color you actually think of, but I'm right with Pantone on this one. 

Dolce & Gabbana

Dolce & Gabbana

Poppy Red is something I'm excited about because I already own several pieces that are very similar in color. It's a color pretty much anyone can wear and red is known to make us more excited and probably raised endorphin levels (according to me) and that makes everyone happy so you can't go wrong.


Dolce & Gabbana


Marc by Marc Jacobs

Alexander McQueen
Purple is my all time favorite color and when I saw African Violet on the list I was beyond ecstatic. It's. just. so. pretty. Plus, any pieces in this color add an element of cool that pretty much anyone will be envious of your ballsiness. Yeah, I said it.

3.1 Phillip Lim

3.1 Phillip Lim
Next is Emerald, a jewel tone green. I like wearing jewel tones on their own so that nothing else really outshines them (pun intended). This green pairs well with brighter tones in the color chart if you're feeling daring.



Band of Outsiders

Band of Outsiders

Dolce & Gabbana
This next color is probably the most equivocal to spring time: Tender Shoots. Even the name sounds like spring time.

Dolce & Gabbana

Dolce & Gabbana

Louis Vuitton

Grayed Jade is a variation on one of my other favorite colors seafoam green/turquoise. The pale greenish color pairs well with a lot of different colors so I would treat it as a neutral. If that worries you look at it as more of a gray than an actual color. Then suck it up and go strut your stuff!

Band of Outsiders

Louis Vuitton

3.1 Phillip Lim

Dusk blue evokes feelings of the ocean or a cloudless day. It is an easy color to wear and you probably already have something like it in your closet. Look at you trendsetter, high-five!

Band of Outsiders

Marc by Marc Jacobs

Marc by Marc Jacobs

Marc by Marc Jacobs
Our last color, Moroccan Blue is really very pretty. I love it because it is not a navy and has a little bit of vibrancy to it making the other colors pop. 

Band of Outsiders


Band of Outsiders


3.1 Phillip Lim

3.1 Phillip Lim

I am very excited for spring. There will be a lot of Mod styling as well as this effortless cool look from 3.1 Phillip Lim, Band of Outsiders, and Marc by Marc Jacobs. The colors are fun and attainable, and you most likely already own pieces in several of them. Now go out and shop little warriors!











2 comments:

  1. I am in love with all of these colors for spring--especially EMERALD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would look gorgeous in Emerald my dear, your eyes would just pop!

      Delete